PMJJBY is a low-cost life insurance program offered by the Indian government that offers a Rs. 2 lakh cover for just Rs. 436 annually. All holders of savings bank accounts between the ages of 18 and 50 are eligible to use it. Enroll today to shield your family from debt in the event of your untimely death.
The national government’s Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana aims to give families financial support during trying times. The plan provides the family with financial support up to Rs 2 lakh in the event of the insured’s death
What is PMJJBY (Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana)
Numerous programs are administered by the Indian government with the intention of assisting all facets of the nation. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) is one of these programs. In accordance with this plan, the nominee or family receives Rs 2 lakh upon the death of the insured. The purpose of this program is to give the family financial support during trying times. A yearly premium must be paid for this. However, even if you set aside Rs. 36–37 every month to cover the scheme’s premium, your total premium expense will be easily met.
Eligibility of PMJJBY
Anyone between the ages of 18 and 50 may purchase this insurance policy.
Key Features of PMJJBY
- A premium of Rs 436 must be paid annually to purchase PMJJBY.
- When divided into 12 equal pieces, Rs 436 equals to Rs 36.33 each month.
- Even the most impoverished person may afford to pay this small sum.
- This insurance policy’s coverage period runs from June 1 to May 31.
- It implies that while you can purchase it at any time of the year, you will only be covered until May 31 and will then need to renew it on June 1.
- If the insured person passes away within the policy’s term, the family would receive Rs 2 lakh in financial support.
How to Buy PMJJBY
- To obtain this policy, you are not required to submit to any sort of medical examination.
- The insurance policy’s consent letter lists a few specific ailments.
- You must certify in the declaration that you do not have any of those illnesses.
- The PMJJBY program will not benefit your family if your disclosure turns out to be false.
- This insurance policy is available from the bank where you hold an account.
- The bank handles the rest of the work when the form has been completed.
Documents Required and Application process for PMJJB
- In order to apply for this program, you must have an Aadhaar card, an identity card, a Bank Account Passbook, a Mobile Number, and a Passport-size photo.
- Your bank account number and Aadhaar number must be linked since UID is used to verify your identity.
- This policy’s coverage period runs from June 1 to May 31. Investment made once is valid for a year.
- If you choose Automatic Renewal, your account will be charged Rs 436 every year between May 25 and May 31.
- Only one bank account may be used to access the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana’s benefits. No other account may be related to this policy.
- The insurance benefit is only available 45 days after purchasing the policy. The 45-day requirement, however, is not applicable in cases of accidental death.
How to claim Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana’s
The claim-cum-discharge form must be submitted as soon as the insured member passes away to the relevant bank or post office branch by the nominee (or, in the event that the nominee is a minor, his or her appointee1), or, in the event that there is no nomination or the nominee predeceased the insured member, the claimant2 legal heirs of the insured, preferably within 30 days of the date of death.
The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana provides up to Rs 2 lakh in financial assistance to families in the event of an insured’s death.
Also Read :