Explore Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Eligibility Criteria, Beneficiaries, and the extensive list of covered Diseases. Empowering healthcare access in Odisha.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
Under the BSKY Scheme, the Odisha government will pay the whole cost of all healthcare services provided to patients in all state government healthcare facilities, regardless of their income, status, or place of residence.
For more than 96.5 lakh economically disadvantaged families in the state, the Odisha government would cover the cost of medical care given in accredited private hospitals. This translates to a family’s annual health care coverage amounting to Rs. 5 lakh, plus an additional Rs. 5 lakh for any female family members who remain after the original Rs. 5 lakh has been spent.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan yojana Eligibility and Beneficiary:
COMPONENT 1 :
- Under the BIJU SWASTHYA KALYAN YOJANA, all Odisha residents are entitled for cashless health care services.
- They can get health care at any state government health care facility, from the sub-center level to the district headquarters, and the state government will cover the entire cost.
COMPONENTS 2 :
- After using the initial 5lakhat empanelled private hospitals both inside and outside of hospitals.
- all holders of BSKY Smart Health Cards, National Food Security Act (NFSA), and State Food Security Scheme (SFSS) cards are eligible to receive cashless health coverage of Rs. 5 lakh per year per family and an additional Rs. 5 lakh for female family members.
- The BSKY Smart Health Card includes information on the family, including each beneficiary’s unique smart card number, Aadhar card number, name, age, gender, and relationship to the home’s head of household.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan yojana Diseases list
Superficial Burns, Minor wounds, Typhoid fever, Malaria, gastroenteritis, diarrhea, dysentery, TB, Urinary Tract Infection, Heat Stroke, and Surgeries for hydrocele, Cess Drainage, Lipoma, and Cyst Excision, as well as procedures like dilatation, curettage, and medically assisted conception, etc.
Reserved Packages: Administration of Reserved Only government-run healthcare facilities offer packages. These hospitals are the only ones authorized to treat minor illnesses and diseases covered by National Health Programs.
Referral Package: If a government facility in the district is unable to deliver the specific procedure, the referral package is activated.
- When there is a lengthy wait to undergo the procedure in a government facility in the district;
- When an emergency situation necessitates an immediate referral.
- Under BSKY, the referral procedure is decentralized up to the level of Sub-Divisional Hospitals.
Also Read :