The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana beyond March 2023. Under PMAY-G Phase 2, the central government has set a total target of 1.95+ crore houses by FY 2023. PMAY-G is an ambitious rural housing scheme where all disadvantaged families in rural areas will get their own house.
The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved the launch of Phase II of PM Awas Yojana (PMAY-G) after the completion of the previous phase. All PMAY-G beneficiaries will get funds which are going to be transferred electronically directly into their bank accounts. All remaining rural families who are homeless or living in dilapidated houses will be provided with solid houses by 2023.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY-G) Phase II
Key Features of PM Awas Yojana Rural (PMAY-G) Phase 2 are as follows:
CCEA approved continuation of PM Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) in Phase II till 2023 as per existing norms of PMAY-G Phase I. has set a target of 60 lakh households with a financial implication of Rs. 76,500 crores. In this, the central government share is Rs 48,195 crore and the state share is Rs 28,305 crore.
- The total target for PMAY-G phase 2 is to build 1.95+ crore houses by FY 2023.
- All additional eligible families of the final housing list will be included in the Permanent Waiting List (PWL) of the PMAY-G Housing Scheme.
- The upper limit for construction of houses is 1.95+ crore and top priority will be given to those States / Union Territories where PWL has been exhausted.
- Central Govt. Targets have been allocated to these States / Union Territories with the approval of the Minister of Rural Development in consultation with the Ministry of Finance.
- Union Govt. The Program Management Unit (PMU) and the National Technical Assistance Agency (NTAS) will continue till FY 2023.
- Central Govt. PMAY-G will allow borrowing for additional financial requirement through the existing EBR mechanism till the validity of the scheme.
Also Read :