UPSC Civil Services 2023: UPSC Civil Services Examination Notice Released. This time, competition for 1105 posts.
New Delhi’s Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), has issued a notice inviting applications for various civil service positions like 1105 IAS and IPS in various central services.
New Delhi’s Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), has issued a notice inviting applications for various civil service positions, including 1105 IAS, IPS and IFS in various central agencies. These positions will be filled by Civil Services Examination (CSE), 2023. All applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent course from a recognized university. Students in their final year of studies are also eligible for application. Candidates must be 21-32 years old as of August 1, 2023. For reservation categories, there is a relaxation in the age limit.
Online applications are accepted by interested candidates until February 21st, 2023 at 11:59 pm. General candidates must pay Rs.100 registration fee. SC/ST/PWD/Female applicants are exempted from the registration fee. The interview and written test will determine the final selection. The preliminary exam will take place on May 28. You can find more information in the official notification.
UPSC Selection process
The preliminary written exam consists of two papers. Each paper will contain 200 questions and take approximately 2 hours to complete. The exam will be held in morning and afternoon sessions. The second paper General Studies, however, is a qualifying paper. This paper is good enough for 33 percent. These papers will be marked with negative marks. Candidates who have passed prelims will be permitted to take mains. Mains exams will consist of 8 papers and total 1750 marks. These papers include 2 qualifying papers. These papers are not final. Interviews will be for 275 marks. UPSC Civil Services Exams will total 2,025 marks.
These are the UPSC services.
* Indian Administrative Service
* Indian Foreign Service
* Indian Police Service
* Indian Audit and Accounts Service Group ‘A’
* Indian Civil Accounts Service Group ‘A’
* Indian Corporate Law Service Group ‘A’
* Indian Defense Accounts Service Group ‘A’
* Indian Defense Estates Service, Group ‘A’
* Indian Information Service, Group “A”
* Indian Postal Service Group ‘A’
* Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service Group ‘A’
* Indian Railway Protection Force Service Group ‘A’
* Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Indirect Taxes), Group ‘A.
* Indian Revenue Service (Income tax) Group ‘A’
* Indian Trade Service Group ‘A’ (Grade-3).
* Indian Railway Management Service Group ‘A’
* Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer Grade)
* Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Lakshadweep. Daman and Diu. Dadra. Nagar Haveli Civil Service. Group ‘B.
* Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Lakshadweep. Daman and Diu. Dadra. Nagar Haveli Police Service. Group ‘B.
* Pondicherry Civil Service Group ‘B’
* Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’