What and how does Bharat QR code work? How to generate and use Bharat QR Code
QR Code, also known as Quick Response Code. This is a kind of matrix bar code for trade mark. For the first time it was used for the automotive industry of Japan. Bar code is a machine-readable optical label, which contains all the information about the object in which it is attached. There are four encoding modes in a QR code. These four modes are numeric, alphanumeric, binary and special coding ‘Kanji’, in which all the information related to the object is contained. Because of its fast readability and high storage capacity, QR codes soon found use in other markets outside the automotive industry. This proves to be much more useful than the standard UPC bar code.
History of QR Code
This system was introduced in 1994 by Desno Wave. At that time its main purpose was to inspect and track vehicles during construction. It was made in such a way that its scanning can be done in the shortest possible time. QR code is now being used on a large scale. Along with commercial tracing applications, it is also used in mobile phone related convenience oriented applications. The QR code in mobile is also called mobile tagging. It is also used for email, messaging etc. with the help of QR code. Users can also print and keep their QR code. At present it is being used very well in this two dimensional barcode.
What is QR code and how it works (What is QR Code and how it work)
QR code is being used in many commercial areas. Generally, a smart phone is used as a QR code scanner, which scans it and converts that scanning into a useful form as per the website. Basically it gives a standard URL. This technology has become very important as an advertising strategy, as it allows Vaastu’s brand website to be accessed faster than a URL.
Although initially it was used only for vehicle tracing, but now its use has increased a lot, in which areas like commercial tracking, transport-ticketing, loyalty and marketing etc. have become very important. It is also used by many organizations to keep their personal information safe.
QR codes can also be seen in magazines, buses or other business cards, which contain its URL and other information.
- For mobile systems: QR codes are used for various mobile devices. The device is very comfortable with URL redirection, which sends all the metadata contained in the QR code to the device’s application. Many paid and free mobile applications exist for QR code scanning.
- URL: No need to enter URL and remember website name. Once the QR code is created, it is scanned and visited on the brand’s website very easily.
- Website Login: The QR code can be used for website login. If the registered user scans the QR code given in the login page of the computer screen with his smartphone, then he gets logged in automatically. In 2012, Google used it for the first time for this login.
QR Code design
Initially it was one dimensional, which was scanned with the help of a narrow light beam, but later its ‘two dimensional’ digital image scanner was invented and started being used. Its processor sets three different squares in the corners of the QR image. Dots used in this image contain binary numbers, which are used for error correction of the algorithm.
QR Code encoding
Its format information keeps two things in itself. These two formats are mask pattern and error correction level. Masking is used to access the pattern in the field of data. Reversible modules are built in its black area. The message dataset used in this is printed in a zig-zag pattern from right to left. This is complicated by the alignment pattern, and is used for various handwritten error correction blocks.
Bharat QR Code
Bharat QR code is the best payment system. Using this, you can pay through your debit card or credit card with the help of your smartphone. There is no need to swipe the card in any way for this.
At this time RuPay, Master Card, Visa and other American Express cards can be linked to Bharat QR code. You can also use your bank application for Bharat QR payment. For this, you have to open the application and click on the ‘Bharat QR’ icon, many bank applications only give the option of ‘scan’ for this. Scan your QR code, then enter the amount and give your PIN number. Your payment will be done. Scanning is not the only option in Bharat QR code, but apart from this, payment can also be done using Account Number, IFCS Code, UPI Payment Solar, Aadhaar Number.
Bharat QR Code is the world’s first interoperable payment service, for the use of which additional charges will also have to be paid in the form of no. For the last few months, the government is seen taking all meaningful steps to promote digital payments. BHIM application is the result of this effort. The Bharat QR Code, created by the National Payment Corporation of India, will facilitate merchants to transact by simply scanning the QR code. For this only one QR code will be required.
According to NCPI director AP Hota, RuPay is one of the most successful digital payment cards in the world as a ‘home grown card network’. Bharat QR Code is another such initiative, with the help of which less cash economy will be created at minimum cost.
How to generate Bharat QR code (How to create Bharat QR code)
Now the shopkeeper is not going to need any POS machine for digital payment. Now only Bharat QR code needs to be created to accept digital payments. For this, the shopkeeper will need such a bank account, which is linked with Aadhaar as well as BHIM app. Bharat QR code is generated from BHIM app itself. Shopkeepers can print the QR code received from the BHIM application and paste it on their payment desks. Whenever a customer has to pay, he will be able to pay by scanning this QR code from his mobile’s BHIM application. Read here about BHIM app and how to download and use it.
How to use Bharat QR code (How to use Bharat QR code)
Payment has become very easy with the help of Bharat QR code. Now there is no need of money nor any kind of card while going to the shop. Marketing has become possible with the help of just a smart phone and the BHIM app embedded in it. Linking of bank account with BHIM app is necessary:
If you are a customer:
- To make payment with the help of Bharat QR Code, the customer should first download the BHIM application on his mobile phone.
- At the time of payment, login to this application and select the option ‘Pay through QR Code’.
- When it opens, scan the print of the QR code placed in the shopkeeper’s cash counter.
- As soon as the scan is done, all the details of the shopkeeper come on the mobile phone of the customer. Then enter the PIN at the end along with the required amount, payment details etc. The payment will be completed as soon as the PIN is entered.
If you are a trader:
- Merchant can also get QR code from his bank.
- Merchant has to download Bharat QR code attached app in his smart phone.
- Merchants will be able to take payments in their account with the help of QR code once they link their business account with this application.
Also Read : Equity Funds: Everything You Need To Know
Bharat QR code benefits
India QR code is going to be very beneficial for the customers as well as the traders. This is a meaningful step of the government to make India’s economy ‘cashless’. Given below is the importance of Bharat QR for customers and merchants:
- Benefits to the customers: With its help the customer will be able to pay without using credit or debit cards. This will reduce the chances of customers’ banking details becoming common and the customer will be saved from many types of frauds. While swiping the card in the POS machine, the card number, CVV, validity limit etc. of the customer is often saved from being common.
- Benefits to Merchants: With the help of this merchant can receive payment amount without using POS machine. Hence, the merchant will be saved from the additional cost of the POS machine. There will be no additional charges for payments being made under Bharat QR code, which is often the case with credit or debit cards. The amount of payment made using this facility will reach the merchant’s account as soon as possible. Also, Bharat QR Code does not set any limit for payment, giving better service than mobile wallet. During the payment, the customer can transfer any amount as per requirement to the beneficiary’s account. Read the difference between credit and debit cards here.
Things required for the use of Bharat QR code (Bharat QR code importance)
Bharat QR code can be used very easily for digital payment. For this, it is necessary for the customer to have a smart phone. The customer will need the BHIM app on his mobile phone, with the help of which the payment will be made. Many banks have also updated the features of BHIM application in their official application, with the help of which Bharat QR code can be scanned. ICICI Bank is taking the help of iMobile application for this.
Also read : What is NFT & How NFT works Agubey
Bharat QR code facts
- It takes time for any new thing to make its place among the people when it comes in the market. Although there were cashless payments in India before, but for that different types of cards were required. Many times cases of fraud were also used with credit cards, due to which the customers suffered huge losses. There is no possibility of any kind of fraud on making payment with the help of Bharat QR code.
- The payment made with its help goes directly to the beneficiary’s account. Customers often have a sense of insecurity in mobile wallets. While RBI has fixed a limit for payment with the help of mobile wallets, on the other hand, no payment limit has been fixed for Bharat QR code. Due to being issued by the government, its operation is also being done in a very good way. Read here what is mobile wallet and how it works.
- By using skimming technology with POS machine one can get all the necessary card details of any customer. With the help of these information, the customer’s bank account can be in danger. This danger has ended with the use of Bharat QR code. This service is the most secure cashless payment service ever provided by the National Payment Corporation of India.
- Bharat QR code has come into existence in association with the big four card payment services Mastercard, Visa, RuPay and American Express.
In this way, with the help of Bharat QR Code, life of people will become easier and India will be able to move on the path of Digital India. This is an essential step to bring transparency in the system. With the help of this, people will do all the transactions keeping in the eyes of the government, due to which black marketing will also end.